SCONE BAKING CONTEST for HOME BAKERS & GAME OF SCONES RECEPTION
November 18, 2018
The Novel Tea is proud to host The Amazing Scone Baking Race–a contest for home bakers to find out who can make the best scone in each of three categories.
Winning Recipes will be included in the national winners’ Amazing Scone Baking Race cookbook (available on Amazon)!
1st Place Basket – $30 gift certificate from King Arthur Flour, Rosette Ribbon, Custom Made “Best Baker” Tea Pot and Artisan Loose Leaf Tea from The Novel Tea, and Bragging Rights
2nd Place Basket – $25 gift certificate from King Arthur Flour, Rosette Ribbon, Artisan Loose Leaf Tea from The Novel Tea, and Bragging Rights
3rd Place Basket – King Arthur Flour tote bag, Rosette Ribbon, Artisan Loose Leaf Tea from The Novel Tea, and Bragging Rights
All bakers will receive a small gift from The Novel Tea and will be invited to attend The Novel Tea’s Game of Scones Reception on November 18th.
What you need to do
- Read all rules and instructions for The Amazing Scone Baking Race
- Register to participate using the form at the bottom of this page
- Go get some King Arthur Flour
- Start baking and testing your recipes
- On November 18th bring one dozen scones to Sierra 2. Stay to find out who won and then taste scones and tea at the reception following the winners announcement.
- Plain (cream or butter, no add ins)
- Sweet (fruit, nuts, or both. example: cranberry pecan)
- Savory (spices, tea, cheeses. example: cracked pepper cheddar)
For your scone to be judged, you must drop off one dozen scones between 11:00 and 11:30 am in the Garden Room at Sierra 2. Contestants will be contacted with additional information after registering.
- There is no cost to enter.
- All products will be sampled by the Judges.
- All recipes become the property of Amazing Scone Baking Race.
- Products must be the work of the exhibitor. All entries may be baked by an amateur or professional baker.
- All entries must be baked at home from scratch and use King Arthur Flour.
- No commercial products may be exhibited. No commercial mixes will be allowed.
- All products should be covered and on a disposable container.
- All scones will be tasted during the Game of Scones reception.
- Products that require refrigeration are unacceptable.
- Bakers may enter as many scones as they wish as long as they provide 12 scones per recipe and a separate recipe page for each recipe entry.
- Bring your scones to Sierra 2, Garden Room between 11:00 and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, November 18, 2018.
- All entries will be assigned a number when delivered. Scone judging is done without knowledge as to who baked which scones.
- Entries must be accompanied by the recipe typed on a recipe card or an 8 1/2” x 11” paper, listing all ingredients and procedures used; name, address, phone and e-mail of entrant.